Staying home with your kid is great. You can watch them grow and save money on nannies. But sometimes, you really miss the ‘adult’ stuff. And you worry a long career break can be detrimental to your future.
Luckily, it’s never been easier to combine work and home life. Businesses have finally realized many office workers can easily do their jobs from home. There’s never been that many jobs for stay-at-home moms!
This guide offers ideas for 61 stay-at-home-mom jobs and tips to get them fast.
This guide will show you:
- How to make money as a stay-at-home mom (really).
- Where and how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs that pay.
- The best job site for work-at-home jobs for moms and how to use it like a pro.
- Tips for getting the best jobs for moms most people wouldn’t think of.
Just want to know how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs?
Google “remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”. Click “search.” Then click the blue jobs bar.
You’ll find dozens of the best jobs for moms (and jobs for pregnant women).
The pay info for our jobs for stay-at-home-moms list comes from Glassdoor. If you’re good you’ll earn more.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Use this resume template
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume samples here.
Looking for temp jobs while pregnant? Follow up with
How to Find Legit Stay at Home Mom Jobs
Why is it so hard to find real stay-at-home-mom jobs?
It’s called “overwhelmed.”
The kids are swinging from the light fixtures. Someone just discovered Sharpies, and the cat’s on fire.
Not to mention there’s this little thing called “income.”
You need to know how to make money as a stay at home mom.
The short answer?
How Can a Stay at Home Mom Make Money?
Step 1. Assess your skills. Many careers like waitress or receptionist aren’t jobs for stay-at-home-moms. If you’re lucky, you’ll have skills that work in jobs that do.
Step 2. Look at our list of stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas below. It’s got skilled and unskilled SAHM jobs. Make a short list of the ones that fit.
Step 3. Pick your favorite(s). Narrow down your short list to the work-at-home jobs for moms you want. Consider pay and training times.
Step 4. Plug your stay at home moms job ideas into Google. Google for Jobs is the best search site to find jobs for stay-at-home-moms. It’s got the best AI. Plus it scrapes jobs from all the other sites, and from company web pages.
I’ll show how below the list of work at home jobs.
Step 5. Don’t ignore local mom ‘n’ pops! Some of the best stay-at-home jobs for moms are right under your nose. Scroll to the bottom for tips to find them.
Be picky. There are tons of great home-based and online jobs for moms out there. There’s piles of bad ones too. Apply to lots. Work at several for a day each. Pick one.
Pro Tip: Just want the best jobs for moms with minimal training? Word-search on this page for minimal. You’ll find dozens of the best jobs for stay at home moms with no experience.
Want to try other job sites in your stay-at-home-mom jobs search? See our guide: Job Sites: 15 Best Job Search Engines and How to Use Them Perfectly
61 Best Stay at Home Mom Jobs that Pay Well in 2019
Here’s the big list of jobs for stay-at-home moms.
It’s got 61 stay-at-home-mom jobs, plus median salary and training times.
They’re all pregnant-friendly jobs.
The best tip?
Write up your job skills. Then look through the list to find a fit.
Are you wondering how to make money while pregnant and unemployed? Or how can a stay-at-home mom make money?
Scroll down below the list for tips.
Day Care Stay at Home Mom Jobs
One of the most popular and best jobs for moms with young kids? In-home day care.
If you love coming up with activities and more kids means more fun, this isn’t a bad option.
1. In-Home Day Care. In rural areas, these jobs for stay-at-home-moms pay $20+ per kid per day. It’s more in cities.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,430
2. Babysitter. Not into full-fledged day care? Give a shout on Facebook for these part-time jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $18,000
Typing Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
If you can type, you can probably do lots more. But—
Typing jobs for stay-at-home-moms are easy if you’ve got the skills.
3. Typist. You’ll need at least 40 WPM for these jobs for stay-at-home moms. Test your speed free at KeyHero.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,430
4. Data Entry. These stay-at-home-mom jobs need good 10-Key and Qwerty skills—Training: Minimal. Pay: $31,153
5. Legal Transcriptionist. Type dispositions and legal terms for these SAHM jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
6. Law Enforcement Transcriptionist. Learn police codes and terms on the fly for these legit work-from-home jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
7. Medical Transcriptionist. You can find good mom jobs typing doctorspeak if you can learn the terms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
Phone SAHM Jobs
Nobody really likes phone jobs, do they?
But these work-at-home jobs for moms are easy to get and do.
8. Phone Survey Conductor. Call people at home and ask questions.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,099
9. Telemarketer. You’ll need a phone and grit. And you’ve got both .—Training: Minimal. Pay: $25,969
10. Call Center Representative. You know those radio ads with the 800-numbers? These part-time jobs for moms answer them.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $32,214
11. Customer Service. More fun than call-center work. Requires product knowledge—Training: Minimal. Pay: $34,780
12. Dispatcher. Taxis, trucks, and cop cars need to know where to go. That means more stay-at-home-mom jobs for you.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $37,112
Teaching Work-at-Home Mom Jobs
If you’re a good teacher, you can find well-paying teaching and tutoring jobs online.
These make some of the best SAHM jobs because you can fit them to your schedule.
13. Online Tutor. If you’re good at any subject, these make solid home jobs for moms. If you’re good you’ll make more than the median.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $25,500
14. Test Scorer. You won’t find these flexible jobs for moms in search sites. Contact schools and teachers directly instead.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $24,380
15. ESL Teacher. There are lots of good online jobs for stay-at-home moms teaching English.—Training: Bachelor’s Degree, Teaching Certificate. Pay: $54,337
Pro Tip: Wondering how to find these jobs for stay-at-home-moms in search engines? Scroll past the list to see the most effective way.
Writing Jobs Online for Moms
Do you have grammar and writing skills? These writer/editor/blogger stay-at-home jobs for moms might be your next chapter.
16. Proofreader. Checking spelling and grammar. Plus, you’ll make your kids spelling bee champs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $36,290
17. Copy Editor. Check grammar, spelling, facts, and research with these online jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $45,506
18. Content Creator. Jobs for moms who can blog and write.—Training: On-the-job. Pay: $54,455
19. Editor. Google’s got tons of remote jobs for moms who can manage writers.—Training: On-the-job, can take years. Pay: $61,655
20. Journalist. This one takes a long time to develop and you won’t find it in the job sites. Join a pro association like the ASJA.—Training: On-the-job, can take years. Pay: $45,925
Computer Science Stay at Home Mom Jobs
If you’ve got a head for code, these are the best paid jobs for stay-at-home-moms on the planet.
21. Help Desk Worker/Desktop Support. Help non-techies jump through hoops.—Training: Certificate, 1 Month. Pay: $43,835
22. Computer Scientist. As a CS, you can do any of the stay-at-home-mom jobs below.—Training: Bachelor’s Degree. Pay: $109,075
23. Computer Programmer. Can you write code, or learn to? These are great stay-at-home jobs online.—Training: 6 months to 2 years online training. Pay: $64,719
24. Software Engineer. Also “software developer”. This is more than programming because you design the apps.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $104,463
25. Web Developer. Jobs for stay-at-home-moms who build website back-ends pay massive money.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $88,488
26. Web Designer. Create the shape of sites and apps for these work-at-home jobs for moms.—Training: Train online (shortest route about 3 months) or Bachelor’s Degree. Pay: $56,143
27. UX Designer & UI Developer. Make websites play nice with users.—Training: Learn online. Shortest route about 3 months. Pay: $97,460
28. SQL Developer. Write code to store and retrieve data for websites. Lots of nesting, so, great jobs for pregnant women. ;)—Training: Online, about 2 months. Pay: $81,714
29. DevOps Engineer. Someone needs to drive the great web development wagon train westward. That could be you.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $138,378
Artistic Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
Are you an artistic momma? Try these creative stay-at-home-mom jobs.
30. Graphic Designer. If you’re good with graphics, you’ll find lots of work-from-home jobs for moms here.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $48,256
31. Video Editor. Cook raw footage into gorgeous product with Adobe Premiere.—Training: On the job or a few weeks online. Pay: $46,274
32. Musician. If you’ve got skills, you can find these jobs for stay-at-home moms in Google.—Training: Must have skill. Pay: $40,000
33. Computer Animator. These work-from-home jobs for moms come from networking, not job search websites.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $61,000
Marketing Jobs for Moms
Dig for legit work-from-home jobs for moms in the marketing world on Google for Jobs.
Many marketing teams rely on remote talent like you. (Mine does!)
34. Social Media Specialist/Manager. If you can handle Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook, you can be a work-at-home mom.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $54,500
35. SEO Specialist. This is all about keywords and search intent. Training: Online, self-taught. Pay: $66,848
36. Marketing Specialist. These at-home jobs for moms turn heads to bring in bucks.—Training: On-the-job or college degree. Pay: $42,153
37. Marketing Manager. If you can lead a marketing team, you can find hundreds of work-from-home moms jobs online.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $93,125
Pro Tip: Need experience for these SAHM jobs? Pick up the principles on YouTube, in blogs, and in Lynda classes. Your first month is free.
Research Online Jobs for Moms
Are you a top-notch internet detective who can pull it all together?
These online jobs for stay-at-home moms pay pretty well and don’t require a ton of training.
38. Researcher. Dig in, pull facts, and help your boss see forest through the decision trees.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $61,085
39. Research Assistant. Just starting out? Try jobs for stay-at-home-moms helping the main researcher.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $30,647
Accounting/Finance Stay at Home Mom Jobs
Have you got a CPA license or are you good with numbers? Try these stay-at-home-mom jobs.
40. Accountant. These SAHM jobs need a CPA license. If you don’t have one already, move along.—Training: Bachelor’s degree and monster test. Pay: $55,202
41. Bookkeeper. No license. Keep track of the money. These work-at-home jobs for moms are everywhere.—Training: On the job or online in four months. Pay: $34,677
Analyst Work at Home Jobs for Moms
If you’re really good at massaging data, these jobs for stay-at-home-moms may fit.
42. Business Analyst. For these stay-at-home-mom jobs, speak truth to power with hard data skills.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $70,170
43. Data Analyst. Use big data tools like Hadoop or Cloudera to see what’s really going on amid a world of figures.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $65,470
44. Financial Analyst. If you don’t already have a CFA certification, this one’s off-limits.—Training: Bachelor’s degree and certification. Pay: $63,829
45. Actuary. Insurance companies hire stay-at-home moms who make numbers sit up and beg.—Training: Get certified by CAS or SOA. Pay: $107,598
46. Biostatistician. Health care needs statisticians too. Lots of SAHM jobs here.—Training: Generally bachelor’s degree. Some do it with less. Pay: $92,426
Engineering Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
If you’re not already an engineer, you won’t find many work-at-home jobs for moms in this part.
Already got a degree? Try these legit work-from-home jobs for moms.
47. Assistant Engineer. Do you understand the way things work? You can get SAHM jobs here with an associate’s degree.—Pay: $68,000
48. Engineer. Search a specific engineer job + “remote” in Google to find tons of these jobs for stay-at-home-moms.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $77,182
49. Mechanical Engineer. Got your mechanical engineering degree but want to be a work-at-home mom? Google “remote mechanical engineer jobs” and click the big blue bar.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $73,016
50. Civil Engineer. Yes, there’s tons of remote CE positions that work as stay-at-home-mom jobs.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $68,638
51. Electrical Engineer. If you’ve got the training, you can find at-home-jobs for moms here too.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $83,088
Pro Tip: How long can you work while pregnant? Some go right up to the day (my wife did). Check with your OB. Then check the best jobs for pregnant women in this article.
Healthcare Stay at Home Mom Jobs
You need a license for these legit stay-at-home-mom jobs.
52. Telework Nurse/Doctor. If you’re licensed, you can do these as a work-at-home mom.—Training: Nursing or med school. Pay: $76,710–$300,000
53. Massage Therapist. Welcome clients to your home and work your magic. Also try reiki practitioner and aromatherapist.—Training: State license. Pay: $45,408
54. Mental Health Counselor. Online therapy’s a thing, and works as SAHM jobs.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $45,449
55. Addiction Counselor. Plenty of work-from-home jobs for moms online in this field.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $37,762
56. Marriage Counselor. Rural couples love not driving. That creates online jobs for moms.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $53,000
Other Legitimate Work at Home Jobs for Moms
Need a few more SAHM jobs with minimal training?
57. Virtual Assistant. Basically an online secretary. Good unskilled stay-at-home-mom jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $22,000
58. Recruiter. Many are underhanded, but you don’t have to be.—Training: Minimal to bachelor’s degree. Pay: $49,712
59. Translator. If you’re fluent, Google, “remote translator jobs” to find lots of legit SAHM jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $44,190
60. Amazon Top Work From Home Jobs. Amazon has stacks of jobs for stay-at-home-moms. Training: Variable. Pay: Variable
61. Network Marketer. Multi-level marketing (MLM) has detractors and proponents. Research heavily before you jump.—Training: Minimal. Pay: Variable
I joined a network marketing company on social media as a casual side-business. In a few months I experienced increased sales and a growing team of friends who wanted to share the products as well. In eight months I started seeing paychecks approaching the same size as my husband’s. A little sorting through of products, compensation plans and timing of the company will hopefully lead you to the right fit.
Tara Ray Heffner
SAHM and Network Marketer
Is That Really All the Stay at Home Mom Jobs?
You can find far more than 61 work-at-home jobs for moms.
Almost any job will work from home.
Google “remote” + [YOUR CAREER] + jobs. Click “Search.” Then click the big blue bar.
Pro Tip: The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) ensures 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave to most long-term employees.
Is your work experience as tiny as your baby’s? You can still get good stay-at-home-mom jobs with the right resume. See our guide: First Resume with No Work Experience Samples
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building aprofessional resume template here for free.
Create my resume now
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
How to Find Online Jobs for Moms
You’ve seen the 61 jobs for stay-at-home moms in our list. Your troubles are over. Right?
Well—not so fast. Those are stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas.
To find legit work-at-home jobs for moms you can apply to:
Don’t use job sites like Indeed, Glassdoor, or LinkedIn.
They’re great for different reasons. (Legit listings, salary data, networking.)
But they’re not the best sites to find SAHM jobs.
Do use Google.
“Remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”.
Click “search.” You’ll see a big blue bar that says “Jobs: Work from home.”
Click it. You’ll get hundreds of real jobs for stay-at-home-moms you can apply to.
Why is Google best?
They’ve got the best programmers and the best AI. They scrape listings from all over the web. They even pull jobs from company websites.
Pro Tip: Set up alerts in Google to find new stay-at-home-mom jobs while you sleep. Just flip the little switch in your browser’s lower left.
We’ve got great resume examples for most of the stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas in this guide: Resume Examples for Every Profession
Don’t Ignore the Mom ‘n’ Pops!
You’re missing out.
You’ve seen our 61 great stay-at-home-mom jobs and how to find them.
The best SAHM jobs might not be online.
Talk to your network. Chat with friends on social media. Talk to local business owners.
Ask around. You never know who might need help.
I turned my organizational skills into a part-time freelance bookkeeping and administrative job for a small business owner. I told my buddy (we hired his crew to do our roof) that he should let me do the booking for him. He agreed and we learned Quickbooks together. Now I update his website, run his FB page, do payroll, marketing, keep track of taxes, from the comfort of my laptop in my bed after the kiddos go to sleep. I let go of the career idea for a while and took the pressure off myself. Decided to do something stress-free. Now I get to spend my days with my favorite humans while I can!
SAHM and Admin
Pro Tip: Use networking to help find jobs for stay-at-home-moms. One woman I interviewed (with no degree) got a $100,000 job via networking job search.
Want your resume for stay-at-home-mom jobs to fit like a custom onesie? See our guide: 6 Tips on How to Tailor Your Resume to a Job Description
How to Work from Home With a Baby
Yes, but how???
You know how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs.
But how to work from home with baby? How to make money while pregnant?
Pick part-time, flexible jobs for stay-at-home-moms.
Choose stay-at-home mom jobs with part-time hours to save your sanity.
I mostly use nap times and evenings to work my little ‘side hustle.
Tara Ray Heffner
SAHM and Network Marketer
Ask your spouse for help.
You can’t work even online jobs for moms without a break from baby. Carving out some work time with your spouse is key.
Reach out to family and friends.
Your spouse may help, but not enough to cover all your hours. For even part-time work-at-home jobs for moms, ask family.
I couldn’t do it alone. My husband works long shifts. So after much frustration I reached out to my family and asked for support for a couple hours a week so I could complete some non-kid related tasks. I’m so glad I did because as it turns out my family was very willing to help us out. I was able to have my mother come by one evening a week and do bedtime routine with the kids so I could concentrate on my work. I opened the door and I received a warm and willing response.
SAHM and Admin
Trade child care with other stay-at-home moms.
Is your child too young for daycare, or is the cost too high? You can still work stay-at-home-mom jobs if you get help. See if other local SAHMs might do a babysitting swap.
We worked out a child care trade off with another family. I watch their kids for free so they can have time alone together and then they watch ours. Working at home with a baby and a preschooler is sometimes impossible without support. My advice is to keep that in mind and reach out.
SAHM and Admin
Cherish family time.
Don’t let even the best jobs for moms pry you from these precious years. Make sure you set aside sacred family time, and guard it with your life.
Set aside time devoted to family where devices are put away. It’s easy for a stay at home job to become an all day at home job. Phones and devices are accessible everywhere and all the time. The tension is real. Even though a schedule might exist, there’s the feeling of urgency to respond to emails/messages/calls. It is likely that I could wait an hour or until the scheduled time to respond...but, well, there’s no time like the present...right?! Ha ha. So yes, time for family where there is no “work” is huge (and marriages won’t implode, either).
Tara Ray Heffner
SAHM and Network Marketer
Pro Tip: Get creative. One SAHM we talked to went garage-saling with her kids in tow. Then during nap times and at night, she listed the stuff on eBay. Not big money, but she did it during mommy hours and it was fun to get out and about.
Want your resume for stay-at-home-mom jobs to stand out like a sleeping newborn? See our guide: How to Make a Resume for a Job: Writing Guide
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here.Here's what it may look like:
See more cover letter templates and start writing.
Here’s a recap of how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs:
- Use Google for Jobs to find the best jobs for stay-at-home moms. Search “remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”. Then click “Search,” then click the blue bar.
- Get inspiration from the list of work-at-home jobs for moms in this article.
- Don’t ignore mom ‘n’ pops. Local businesses are often starved for help. Some of the best jobs for moms come from lending your skills to locals.
- Reach out for help, not only to find stay-at-home-mom jobs, but to get time to work them. You can’t do any job if you can’t get a break from baby.
Do you have questions on how to find the best jobs for pregnant women and moms? Got tips for other work-from-home moms? Give us a shout in the comments! We’d be happy to reply.
How can stay at home moms make enough money? ›
- List Your Baby Gear for Rent. ...
- Capitalize on Empty Garage or Storage Space. ...
- Offer Your Car for Rent. ...
- Sort and Sell Your Kid's Clothing. ...
- Make Money From Unused Gift Cards. ...
- Cut Down on Your Movie, Music, and Electronics Collection. ...
- Sell Your Own Personal Items.
- Freelance writer. As a freelance writer, you have the ability to earn an amazing income. ...
- Virtual assistant. If you have basic computer skills, then you could be a successful virtual assistant. ...
- Online ESL tutoring. ...
- Proofreader. ...
- Start a blog. ...
- Social media manager. ...
- Data entry clerk. ...
- Resume Writer.
- FLEXJOBS. ...
- Arc. ...
- REMOTE.CO. ...
- JUSTREMOTE. ...
- VIRTUAL VOCATIONS. ...
- PANGIAN. ...
- WE WORK REMOTELY. ...
Many women take pride in being a stay-at-home mom, as they should. A recent study shows that they work the equivalent of 2.5 full-time jobs caring for their child. A survey sponsored by Welch's noted that mothers work an average of 14 hours a day, or a 98-hour workweek.What can I sell to make money fast? ›
- Old clothes. If you're looking for things to sell to make quick cash, your clothes just might top the list. ...
- Sneakers. Have some cool sneakers you want to get rid of? ...
- Jewelry. ...
- Watches. ...
- Your wedding dress. ...
- Baby items. ...
- Home décor items. ...
- Holiday decorations.
Certainly, plenty of groups have tried over the years. For example, Insure.com figures the wage a mom should earn for the 18 or so jobs she must tackle throughout the day is $126,725 in 2022, which is 9.2% higher than last year's findings of $116,022.How can a stay-at-home mom make money 2022? ›
- 1 Start a Blog.
- 2 Freelance Write.
- 3 Virtual Assistant.
- 4 Pinterest Manager.
- 5 Sell on Etsy.
- 6 Be a Coach.
- 7 Create a Subscription Box Business.
- 8 Become a Professional Organizer.
- Complete Online Surveys.
- Sell Your Favorite Stock Images.
- Become a Virtual Assistant.
- Earn Money Off Your Reviews.
- Sell Household Items on eBay or Amazon.
- Rent Your Gadgets by the Hour.
As of Oct 17, 2022, the average weekly pay for a Work From Home Amazon Customer Service in the United States is $985 a week.What companies pay you to work from home? ›
- Zoom Video Communications, Inc. Zoom Video Communications is a company that provides cloud services for people to use for communication. ...
- Hopper. ...
- Kaplan. ...
- TTEC. ...
- Intuit. ...
- Dell Technologies. ...
- UnitedHealth Group. ...
- Kelly Services.
What jobs involve working from home? ›
- Social Media Manager. ...
- Graphic Designer. ...
- Writer/Editor. ...
- Virtual Assistant (VA) ...
- Transcriptionist. ...
- Survey Taker. ...
- Customer Service Representative. ...
- Online Teacher.
According to a survey from Salary.com, stay-at-home moms should earn upwards of $162,581 per year. All those early mornings and late nights mean mom could be pulling in a pretty nice salary — you know, if she was actually getting paid.What is a fancy name for a stay-at-home mom? ›
(redirected from Stay-at-home mother)What occupations should a stay-at-home mom do? ›
Housewife, Domestic CEO, Mom, etc.What household items sell the best? ›
- Clothes. Starting off with a biggy - it's safe to say that if you are looking to make some money from your household items then clothes are going to be top of your list. ...
- Baby Stuff. ...
- Electronics. ...
- Books. ...
- Games (Warhammer, Funko, board games, Lego) ...
- Shoes. ...
- Bags. ...
- Outdoor Kit.
- Clothing. The clothing industry is a big business, valued at $12 billion. ...
- Skin care and beauty. Skin care and beauty products are having a moment. ...
- Shoes. ...
- Cleaning products. ...
- Items for pets. ...
- Coffee products. ...
- Toys. ...
- Subscription orders.
Grants for Stay-at-Home Mothers. The federal government does not provide grants to any individual, including stay-at-home mothers. Instead, the funding flows to state agencies, universities, and charitable organizations to foster public service or stimulate the economy.Do stay-at-home moms have to get a job after divorce? ›
Many stay-at-home moms find that they have to get a job after a divorce. In fact, many women want to get a job or even start a new career.Do you get paid to be a stay-at-home mom? ›
It's not uncommon in the United States for two parents to spend long hours working hard — but the one who works outside the home is paid for it, while the one who does housework and child care is paid nothing.Which job is good for housewife? ›
Students have plentiful options to earn a source of living by working from home, including Online tutoring jobs, online programming jobs, freelance writer, freelance web-designer, search engine evaluator, social media manager, social media manager, Instagram influencer, transcriptionist, and many others.
What is the best job for a mom returning to work? ›
Careers that will suit moms planning to return to work are elementary school teachers, web developers, writers, virtual assistants, baristas, and customer service representatives, to mention a few. There are also some well-paid gaming jobs that offer great work-life balance.What job has the most flexible hours? ›
- Data Scientist. Data scientists are becoming in demand nowadays due to the amount of data being collected by major companies worldwide. ...
- Photographer. ...
- Dietitian. ...
- Graphic Designer. ...
- Virtual Assistant. ...
- Plumber. ...
- Blogger. ...
- Become an Insurance POSP. ...
- Through Freelancing. ...
- Selling Homemade Items. ...
- Opt for Data Entry Jobs. ...
- Test Apps and Websites Before They Go Live.
- Take Online Surveys.
- Pet Sit.
- Be an Airbnb Host.
- Freelance on Fiverr or Upwork.
- Take Jobs on TaskRabbit.
- Become a Social Media Manager.
- Get Paid for Your Opinion.
- Sign Up Bonuses & Cash Back Rewards.
- Freelance with Fiverr.
- Make Deliveries.
- Do Office Work.
- Petsitting or Babysitting.
- Walking Dogs.
- Selling Jewelry & Other Items Online.
|Rank||Job Title||Average Salary|
|1||Information Technology Project Manager||$147,856|
You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.How much does Amazon pay to work remote? ›
The estimated base pay is $17 per hour. The estimated additional pay is $6 per hour. Additional pay could include bonus, stock, commission, profit sharing or tips. The "Most Likely Range" represents values that exist within the 25th and 75th percentile of all pay data available for this role.What is the easiest job that pays the most? ›
- House Sitter. If you're looking for easy high paying jobs, don't discount house sitter. ...
- Personal Trainer. ...
- Optometrist. ...
- Flight Attendant. ...
- Dog Walker. ...
- Toll Booth Attendant. ...
- Massage Therapist. ...
Look for Sites That Specialize in Work-From-Home Jobs
Other websites to check out for legit work-from-home jobs include FlexJobs.com, PeoplePerHour.com, Jobspresso.co and ZipRecruiter.com. You may also want to check out the well-known career sites, Monster.com, Indeed.com and CareerBuilder.com.
How can I make 6 figures from home? ›
- Senior consultant. National Average Salary: $101,297 per year. ...
- IT security specialist. National Average Salary: $106,023 per year. ...
- Product manager. National Average Salary: $106,480 per year. ...
- Senior web developer. ...
- Front-End developer. ...
- Audit manager. ...
- Technical lead. ...
- Inbound marketing course with free certification. ...
- Learn basic HTML from home. ...
- Free software development courses. ...
- A course on starting your own business. ...
- A certified course on social media strategy. ...
- Customer service free qualification.
Cooking meals, cleaning, laundry, house maintenance, and grocery shopping are typically seen as stay-at-home tasks. Working from home. In this economy, the stay-at-home parent may work from home for extra income while also taking care of the children.Should stay-at-home moms do all the housework? ›
So, Should Stay-At-Home Moms Be Doing All of the Housework? The majority says “No”. 80.4% of husbands to SAHMs are helping with the housework whether they are doing it on their own or being asked to help.How often should a stay-at-home mom get a break? ›
How often should a stay-at-home mom get to kick back and relax? A stay-at-home mom should take a break at least three times a day: once before her kids wake up, once after lunch, and after the kids go to bed. A mom of toddlers or babies should add a mid-morning and mid-afternoon break.What is a stay-at-home mom called on a resume? ›
As a homemaker, it's easy to get carried away when writing down a whole host of responsibilities, but you still want to leave enough room to talk about your work experience before you were a stay at home mom. Make these bullet points as a homemaker count by focusing on outcomes and metrics.
A housewife (also known as a homemaker or a stay-at-home mother/mum) is a woman whose work is running or managing her family's home — housekeeping, which includes caring for her children; cleaning and maintaining the home; making, buying and/or mending clothes for the family; buying, cooking, and storing food for the ...How can I get a good job fast? ›
- Get specific with your job search.
- Don't settle for an imperfect fit.
- Don't quit your search too quickly.
- Write tailored cover letters.
- Make your resume job-specific.
- Keep it simple and relevant.
- Employment isn't everything on a well-rounded resume.
- Dress the part — in person and on video.
Staying at home with your kids is HARDER than going into work, new study finds. Don't ever underestimate the challenges a stay-at-home mom faces on a daily basis. In fact, new research has found that many people find staying at home with your children HARDER than going into work!How can a stay at home mom make money 2022? ›
- 1 Start a Blog.
- 2 Freelance Write.
- 3 Virtual Assistant.
- 4 Pinterest Manager.
- 5 Sell on Etsy.
- 6 Be a Coach.
- 7 Create a Subscription Box Business.
- 8 Become a Professional Organizer.
Is it worth being a stay at home mom? ›
From an economist's point of view, a mom would spend 1.35 hours, on average, caring for her children even if she had a job. So the real benefit of being a stay-at-home mom is just the extra 1.21 hours she is able to dedicate to her kids, multiplied by the $11.57 hourly pay of a childcare worker.Is it cheaper to be a stay at home mom? ›
When you stay home, you get to be the one to care for your babies, and you don't have to pay for daycare. When Allison stops working, she saves $2,232 in child care costs for her two children. Many moms find that it's cheaper to be a stay at home mom, and it isn't just ditching daycare that saves you money.How can I make passive income? ›
- Create a course. ...
- Write an e-book. ...
- Flip retail products. ...
- Sell photography online. ...
- Dividend stocks. ...
- Rent out a parking space. ...
- Sponsored posts on social media.
Sell Crafts Online
If you're a mom that loves to craft, try turning your hobby into a side hustle. Whether you crochet, make jewelry, do ceramics, or woodwork, you can sell your handmade creations online. When selling online, it's helpful to take quality photos of your crafts so that their uniqueness can shine.
- Participate in paid market research. ...
- Become a virtual assistant. ...
- Transcribe audio and video. ...
- Sell online. ...
- Housesit. ...
- Write online reviews. ...
- Start a blog. ...
- Game on Twitch.
- Customer Service Representative.
- Data Entry Specialist.
- Recruiting Coordinator.
- Writer / Blogger.
- Virtual Assistant.
- Online Teacher / Tutor.
Cooking meals, cleaning, laundry, house maintenance, and grocery shopping are typically seen as stay-at-home tasks. Working from home. In this economy, the stay-at-home parent may work from home for extra income while also taking care of the children.How do stay at home moms survive? ›
- Make a plan the night before. ...
- Get out of the house. ...
- If it's free, you should be there. ...
- Don't be afraid to give out your number. ...
- Exercise. ...
- Do something for yourself once per week (at least). ...
- Break the rules. ...
- Make the time you spend with your kids count.
How often should a stay-at-home mom get to kick back and relax? A stay-at-home mom should take a break at least three times a day: once before her kids wake up, once after lunch, and after the kids go to bed. A mom of toddlers or babies should add a mid-morning and mid-afternoon break.Is it better to work or be a stay at home mom? ›
WASHINGTON—Mothers with jobs tend to be healthier and happier than moms who stay at home during their children's infancy and pre-school years, according to a new study published by the American Psychological Association.
Is being a stay at home mom harder than working? ›
Staying at home with your kids is HARDER than going into work, new study finds. Don't ever underestimate the challenges a stay-at-home mom faces on a daily basis. In fact, new research has found that many people find staying at home with your children HARDER than going into work!Is daycare better than staying home with mom? ›
Children who attend child care have better outcomes than children who are cared for at home by their mothers. A study by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) in the US looked at the influence of both child care and the home environment on over 1,000 typically-developing children .How can I make $1000 a month in passive income? ›
- Start a YouTube Channel. ...
- Start a Membership Website. ...
- Write a Book. ...
- Create a Lead Gen Website for Service Businesses. ...
- Join the Amazon Affiliate Program. ...
- Market a Niche Affiliate Opportunity. ...
- Create an Online Course. ...
- Invest in Real Estate.
- Start a Niche Site As An Eventual Passive Income Stream. ...
- Eliminate Debt. ...
- Open a High-Yield Savings Account. ...
- Create a Budget. ...
- Earn Rewards Whenever Possible. ...
- Set Up Automations. ...
- Take Advantage of 401K Matches. ...
- Max Out Your Retirement Accounts With Mutual Funds.