Influencer marketing is getting bigger in 2022.
A recent report shows 76% of brands are planning to increase their influencer marketing budgets this year. If your brand’s not working with influencers on marketing campaigns, you’re missing out big time.
Thankfully, finding and working with influencers is much easier than before. Today, there are now several influencer marketing tools out there to help speed up every step of the process.
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best influencer marketing tools to get you started.
- Influencer marketing tools for social listening
- Influencer marketing tools for identification
- Influencer marketing tools for outreach
- Influencer marketing tools for management
- Marketplace influencer marketing tools
- Influencer marketing agencies
What are influencer marketing tools?
An influencer marketing tool is software that helps marketers find, engage with and make deals with influencers in their niche.
Instead of going about it the “traditional” way, brands can use influencer marketing tools to reach their goals faster. This includes filtering influencers based on certain characteristics, sending pre-written email pitches and finding online conversations about your brand.
Some influencer marketing tools also offer valuable insights related to your campaigns, influencer interactions and the latest social media trends. This data can be helpful when making important decisions for future campaigns.
Why is it important to use influencer marketing tools?
Influencer marketing tools help you automate tasks, streamline processes and use business intelligence to run more successful influencer campaigns. Here are some benefits of influencer marketing tools:
- Connect with the right influencers. Use AI search, filters and engagement analytics to find the best influencers for your brand.
- Stay on top of trends. Track trending hashtags, topics, music, challenges and more to create viral content with the right influencers.
- Make data-driven decisions. Leverage in-depth analytics to track progress, analyze influencer success and improve future campaigns.
- Analyze the competition. Keep an eye on what your competitors are doing and compare your own progress to create better influencer marketing strategies.
How to choose the best influencer marketing tool for your business
Picking the right influencer marketing tool for your business can be confusing, especially when you have so many options. Keep the following factors in mind when choosing one to invest in the right software:
- Ease of use. Marketers have too much on their plate to spend hours learning new software. An influencer marketing tool should make your job easier, not harder.
- Pricing. Choose an influencer marketing software that fits your budget while giving you the features you need. Most tools offer several pricing plans for this reason and you can always scale as you go.
- Features. Does the tool have all the features you need? How many filtering options does it offer to narrow down influencer search? Does it offer analytics and reporting?
Social listening is a great way to find potential influencers for your brand. Track conversations to identify influential people who love your brand or offer a better alternative to people unhappy with your competitors.
Here are our favorite influencer marketing tools for social listening:
1. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management platform that offers powerful social listening features. Sprout’s listening tools help you track and analyze conversations, brand mentions and industry trends so you can identify influencers and brand advocates.
- View visual data and insights on any topic
- Analyze consumer sentiment and brand health
- Track audience reactions to marketing campaigns
- Identify influencers and thought leaders by following or posts
- Engage with brand advocates by responding to comments
- Listening spike alerts to let you know when there is a shift in activity
Brandwatch is a consumer research platform that helps marketers understand their audience, track conversations and monitor brand mentions. You can use it across multiple online channels to keep an eye on specific keywords, phrases and hashtags.
- Access real-time analytics and reporting
- Monitor your brand across 100 million+ sources
- Analyze consumer sentiment and brand perception
- Get AI-powered opportunity and threat alerts
- Increase reach with multiple language support
Influencer marketing tools for identification
Identifying the right influencers for your brand is key to ensuring successful campaigns. Some tools offer filters and engagement analytics for millions of influencers, which makes the identification process easier.
Use the tools below to find new influencers:
CreatorIQ is an intelligent influencer marketing platform with a bunch of creator identification features. Brands can use its AI-powered system to find recommended influencer profiles, use filters to narrow down their search, compare profiles and analyze performance metrics.
- Build a private community of influencers
- View AI-powered creator comparisons and recommendations
- Use advanced search filters with image recognition
- Find potential influencers with existing customer data
Heepsy is an influencer marketing tool that helps you find influencers on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitch. The software lets you filter influencers and check profile analytics for every social network individually. You can also use the fraud detection feature to avoid fake influencers.
- Use advanced, platform-specific search filters
- Avoid fake followers with authenticity filters
- Create and export lists with selected influencers
- View promotional activity and cost estimates
Getting influencers to respond to your emails can be tough. There are thousands of brands competing for their attention, and your pitches need to stand out. Influencer outreach tools can help you automate this process and personalize your messages to increase response rate.
Here are the best influencer marketing tools for outreach:
Pitchbox is a blogger outreach and link-building platform. Brands use it to find influencers, uncover contact details, and send automated pitches and follow-up emails. There’s also an analytics and reporting feature to help you make data-driven decisions.
- Find contact details for bloggers and influencers
- Rank identified contacts by OEP™ (Outreach Engagement Probability)
- Use smart templates with data and conditional logic
- Automatically follow up with email sequences
- Schedule email delivery for optimal days and times
NinjaOutreach is a popular influencer outreach tool that lets you find email addresses, social profiles, and more in any location or niche. You can also schedule emails and follow-ups, keep track of conversations and manage influencer relationships through the platform.
- Find influencer contact info and social profiles
- Schedule outreach emails with up to 2 follow-ups
- Use editable influencer outreach templates
- Edit profile cards to fix any missing or inaccurate data
- Add notes, instructions and details for each lead
- Use Smart Tags or create your own lists to find contacts
- Track influencer relationships and email performance
Influencer marketing tools for management
Managing influencer relationships and campaigns can be a hassle, especially if you’re working with multiple creators on various platforms. Influencer marketing management software can help you assign briefs, stay on top of communication, track progress, analyze results and more.
Below are our favorite influencer marketing tools for management:
Influencity is an all-in-one influencer management software that helps you find, analyze and organize influencers. Brands can also use it to manage campaigns, set up workflows and forecast and measure results.
- Find local influencers by setting target market percentages
- Compare influencer fees and price histories
- Organize influencers into lists and share with your team
- Use predictive analytics to identify the best influencers
- Project management to create and share influencer assignments
- Analyze campaign progress with detailed insights and reporting
Upfluence is a one-stop influencer management solution that provides influencer identification, analysis, campaign management, product seeding, affiliate management, and various other services. You can also manage influencer payments from within the platform.
- Find influential customers and brand advocates
- Integrate with Gmail and Outlook to contact influencers
- Send and collaborate on campaign briefs and drafts
- Keep track of campaign progress and price negotiations
- Manage influencer payments in 135+ currencies
- Measure real-time performance and calculate ROI
Influencer marketplaces are ideal for brands looking to buy influencers or packaged services. It’s faster and more cost-efficient if you have a project in mind and you’re okay with giving creators more control.
Use these influencer marketplaces to buy creator services:
Collabstr is an influencer marketplace specializing in Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. You can purchase pre-packaged services from influencers in various niches and locations. It’s a quick and easy way to create viral content for your brand.
- Find vetted influencers with packaged services
- Pay influencers directly through the platform
- Use instant chat to interact with influencers
- Generate influencer campaign briefs and contracts
Trend.io is an influencer marketplace that works a bit differently. Instead of buying pre-packaged services, you can create projects and have influencers apply. It’s ideal for brands that already have a project in mind and are just looking for talent to work with.
- Create free projects with specific goals
- Review and approve influencer applications
- Send products to creators and track shipments
- Use built-in messaging to chat with influencers
- Download approved content with complete licensing rights
Influencer marketing agencies
Influencer marketing agencies offer managed influencer marketing services. These companies typically have existing influencer relationships and access to industry-leading tools. And while they’re more expensive, they handle most of the work so you can focus on running your business.
Here are some of the best influencer marketing agencies for your business:
HireInfluence is a full-service influencer marketing agency that helps with strategy, talent sourcing, content creation, execution and performance tracking. The agency also takes care of influencer payments, contracts and briefs.
HireInfluence specializes in a variety of industries, platforms and campaign types so you know your brand is in the right hands.
- Existing relationships with vetted influencers
- Support for on-site promotional events
- End-to-end content production services
- Product curation, packaging design and fulfillment
- Paid media management and facilitation
- Customized analytics and reporting based on client KPIs
NeoReach is an influencer marketing agency that also has its own software. You can either go for their managed services or purchase only the platform and API. The company offers full-service influencer marketing, from strategy to execution to reporting. NeoReach also offers a customizable enterprise platform for big brands that need more scalability.
- Self-service software and APIs for more control
- Established network of influencers
- Campaign strategy, execution, and reporting
- Contract and negotiation management
- Support for online and offline influencer activations
Use influencer marketing tools to make smart decisions and boost campaign results
Running an influencer marketing campaign takes a lot of work. Influencer marketing tools can help you focus your energy and resources where they matter. Find the right influencers faster, automate the outreach process, manage campaigns and payments, track progress and more.
If you’re looking for inspiration for your next influencer marketing campaign, check out our recent report on social media trends for 2022 and beyond.
What is the influencer marketing industry worth 2022? ›
In recent years, influencer marketing has really been on the rise. What was a $1.7 billion industry in 2016 has since grown to become a $9.7 billion industry in 2020. In just 2021, it grew to $13.8 billion and is projected to expand to $15 billion in 2022.What software do influencers use? ›
|Business||Demo Available||Review Score (/5)|
|HubSpot||Yes||4.4 (7109 reviews)|
|Upfluence||Yes||4.3 (45 reviews)|
|Influenster||Yes||4.4 (37 reviews)|
|Aspire||Yes||4.8 (52 reviews)|
Influencer marketing is a marketing technique wherein brands collaborate with online influencers to market their products and services. Influencer marketing can be done on majority social media platforms but most brand marketers prefer Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.What are the 4 main categories of social media influencers? ›
- Nano influencers (1K – 10K followers) ...
- Micro-influencers (10K-100K followers) ...
- Macro influencers (100K – 1M followers) ...
- Mega influencer (1M+ followers) ...
- Choosing the best social media influencer for your brand with FYI.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) As a famous Portuguese football player who is also a great model and public figure, Ronaldo is the most-recognized person in the world. He is not only a well-known celebrity but also the richest influencer on Instagram.Who is the number 1 influencer in the world? ›
First on the list is Cristiano Ronaldo, who currently has a total of 484.3 million followers across three social media sites. Next is Justin Bieber with 420.54 million follower count; Ariana Grande, 398.3 followers; Selena Gomez, 380.75 million followers; and Taylor Swift with 354.4 million followers.What every influencer needs? ›
It's important for influencers to not only maintain their online community, but also get offline and network IRL. You should be making a concerted effort to network with other influencers in your industry, speak publicly whenever you can, and be comfortable going to events alone.What items do influencers need? ›
- Tripod. Many influencers have more than one tripod. ...
- Ring light. Proper lighting is critical. ...
- Shutter or Bluetooth remote. ...
- Camera(s). ...
- Stabilizer. ...
- Smartphone. ...
- Microphone. ...
- Fashion. By far one of the most popular niches, fashion encompasses everything from apparel and accessories, shoes and jewelry, to eyewear and luggage. ...
- Beauty. ...
- Travel. ...
- Lifestyle. ...
- Celebrities and Entertainment. ...
- Sports. ...
- Animals. ...
The clear social media platform choices for launching a product online are Twitter and Facebook. Other sites like Instagram and YouTube, and apps like Snapchat can also add a lot to your campaign.
What are the 4 C's of social media? ›
Communities, conversations, channels, and campaigns: these are the Four C's of social media marketing, and mastering these functional areas requires that you have the right tools and the right mindset.How much Instagram pay for 1m followers? ›
How much money does 1 million Instagram followers make? An influencer with 1 million Instagram followers will make $10,000 per post. If you are an influencer with more than 1 million followers, you can charge anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000 per post or campaign.How much do 100k influencers make? ›
"It's somewhat of an unspoken rule that influencers can expect to be paid $10.00 for every 1,000 followers they have, once they hit the 100,000 threshold." "It's somewhat of an unspoken rule that influencers can expect to be paid $10.00 for every 1,000 followers they have, once they hit the 100,000 threshold."How much does 1K followers make on Instagram? ›
Micro-influencers (between 1,000 and 10,000 followers) make an average $1,420 per month. Mega-influencers (more than one million followers) make $15,356 per month.What is the most popular influencer platform? ›
Top influencer platforms brands use
Recent research shows that Instagram currently sits comfortably in first place on the list of the top influencer marketing platforms US brands use. As many as 72.5% of marketers use it for influencer marketing in 2022, a 4.6 percentage point annual increase.
People with followers in the range between 40,000 and 1 million followers on a social network are macro-influencers. Most influencers are micro-influencers with between 1,000 and 40,000 followers. In really specialist niches, you have nano-influencers with fewer than 1,000 followers.Who is the wealthiest Instagram influencer? ›
- cristiano. View profile. cristiano Verified. ...
- therock. View profile. therock Verified. ...
- arianagrande. View profile. arianagrande Verified. ...
- selenagomez. View profile. selenagomez Verified. ...
- kimkardashian. View profile. ...
- leomessi. View profile. ...
- beyonce. View profile. ...
- justinbieber. View profile.
- #1: Authenticity.
- #2: Expert Content Creation.
- #3: Community Management.
- #4: Trust.
- #5: Passion.
The best influencers engage with their audience, no matter the size. They take time to answer questions and start conversations. They also stay active on their respective platforms and publish content consistently. Engaging influencers are valuable because they're prepared to talk about your brand often.What is a good influencer strategy? ›
An effective influencer marketing strategy requires you to speak to the right people using the right tools—and the right influencers. The first step is to define who your audience will be for this specific campaign. Developing audience personas is a great way to make sure you understand who you're trying to reach.
What should an influencer media kit include? ›
- Write Your Bio. ...
- Include Your Social Stats. ...
- Highlight Your Demographics. ...
- Mention Your Blog or Website. ...
- Present Your Previous Collaborations and Testimonials. ...
- Mention Your Pricing Rates. ...
- Include Your Contact Details. ...
- Wrap it in a Good Design.
Types of luxury gifts can include:
- High-end smartphones.
- All-expenses-paid vacation experiences.
- Designer clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories, and/or bags.
- You've organically talked about the brand. ...
- You're active on other platforms. ...
- Your content isn't mostly ads. ...
- You're already posting consistently. ...
- You have clear brand identity. ...
- You have a healthy engagement rate and a real audience.
- Best Overall: Sprout Social.
- Best for Analytics: Hootsuite.
- Best All-in-One Tool: Zoho.
- Best for Automation: MeetEdgar.
- Best for Large Team Collaboration: Loomly.
- Best Integration: Sendible.
- Best Budget Option: Buffer.
- Best for Small Teams: SocialPilot.
7 Factors Brands Need to Consider Before Hiring an Influencer
- Compatible followers. ...
- Celebrity status. ...
- Content of posts. ...
- Social media outlet. ...
- Audience engagement. ...
- Past brand activity. ...
- Craft the Perfect Subject Line.
- Introduce Yourself.
- Highlight What You Love About the Brand/Product.
- Create and Attach a Media Kit.
- Share a Verified Instagram Analytics Report.
- Make a Call to Action and Share Your Rates.
- Make Money Online. Making money online is hands down, the most profitable niche. ...
- Finance. One of the hottest and evergreen niches in this list is undoubtedly the “finance niche”. ...
- Travel. ...
- Fitness. ...
- Personal Development. ...
- Relationships. ...
- Lifestyle. ...
- Real Estate.
One of the most lucrative niches is the food industry, which is also one of the most timeless. It is highly versatile, and even those who aren't professional chefs can cash in. The good idea is to focus on quick and easy recipes and information on various diets.What are the most essential 7 M's in marketing? ›
Seven cyclical elements to a successful integrated marketing program are: mindset, measure, model, map, make, modify, and monetize.What is the fastest growing social media platform? ›
This begs the question: What are the fastest-growing social media platforms? The latest data shows that the fastest-growing social network is TikTok.
Who is the number 1 influencer on Instagram? ›
Cristiano Ronaldo - 443M Followers
Yes, the most followed Instagram profile is none other than Cristiano Ronaldo. On top of being one of the best football players, he is also killing it on Instagram! He currently has 440.8M followers.
- Instagram niche 1: food and cooking.
- Instagram niche 2: memes.
- Instagram niche 3: parenting.
- Instagram niche 4: health & fitness.
- Instagram niche 5: lifestyle.
- Instagram niche 6: making money online.
- Instagram niche 7: pets.
- Instagram niche 8: fashion.
This rule says that for every six posts you create on your social media channels, four posts should entertain or educate, one post should be a “soft sell” and one post should be a “hard sell.” Let's take a closer look at how you might use the 4-1-1 rule.What are the 8 PS and 4Cs of marketing? ›
The 8 Ps of marketing is product, price, place, promotion, people, positioning, processes, and performance. The goal is to get them working together for your marketing mix. If you can you'll have a much better chance to attract and convert your potential customers. There's no shortage of marketing advice out there.What is Google 4Cs? ›
Collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity—the 4 Cs—are critical components of the digital learning competencies that support and enhance student learning and success for our global society.What are the 10 types of used of media? ›
- Newspapers. The core of the mass media of the departed twentieth century was the newspaper. ...
- Magazines. ...
- Television. ...
- Public Broadcasting. ...
- Commercial Radio. ...
- Music. ...
- Films. ...
What Are the 6 Types of Social Media? The six types of social media, though this can be broken down in many ways, include social networking, bookmarking, social news, media sharing, microblogging, and online forum sites.What are the 3 most popular forms of social media today? ›
The top five most popular social media platforms in the world are Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger. TikTok comes right after that, but Snapchat is number 11, Twitter is number 15, and LinkedIn isn't even on there.What are the 3 common media types? ›
The three types of media are commonly known as news media, social media, and web media, but you might also see them referred to as earned media, shared media, and owned media. Some other forms of modern media are print media, television, movies, and video games.How much is the influencer marketing industry worth? ›
Growth of influencer marketing
In 2022, the influencer marketing industry is valued at $16.4 billion. This is an 18.8% annual increase from the $13.8 billion at which the industry was valued in 2021.
How big is the market for influencer marketing? ›
|Market size value in 2022||USD 14.27 billion|
|Revenue forecast in 2030||USD 143.10 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 33.4% from 2022 to 2030|
In 2016, influencer marketing was estimated to be worth $1.7 billion dollars for the brands, it is now estimated at a staggering $13.8 billion. These numbers might seem astronomical, but with 500 million daily active Instagram users, it remains a huge industry.What is the future of influencer marketing? ›
The influencer marketing industry in 2022 will see a huge rise in the demand for micro influencers. Micro influencers' share in the total industry increased drastically last year due to brands favouring them owing to their higher engagement rates & affordability.Which industry spends the most on influencer marketing? ›
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $101,000 and as low as $18,500, the majority of Influencer salaries currently range between $39,000 (25th percentile) to $62,500 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $88,000 annually across the United States.What is the most important metrics for an influencer? ›
CPM. This is a very useful metric to determine the campaign results. This is the cost per thousand of impressions, so you will need to apply: Cost * 1000 / impressions. If the campaign was done via Instagram stories and posts, add both impressions to calculate the total CPM of the campaign.What metrics should I ask for influencers? ›
- Return on investment (ROI) ...
- Cost per acquisition (CPA) ...
- Brand awareness. ...
- Brand sentiment. ...
- Website visitors. ...
- Reach and engagement. ...
- Influence engagement rate (IER) ...
Contests and giveaway campaigns are a tried and true strategy that helps influencers build engagement with their followers. Meanwhile, brands get the opportunity to raise brand awareness and get their products in interested hands.What are KPIs in influencer marketing? ›
Choosing influencer marketing KPIs (key performance indicators) that align with your goals will help you to measure the positive impact of your campaign and calculate your overall ROI. To fully understand the performance of your campaign, you should look beyond vanity metrics and analyze conversions and sales.
What is the minimum number of followers to be an influencer? ›
However, around 1,000 followers and above is what most knowledgeable people consider the minimum to become an influencer. There is no number of followers required to be an influencer. However, a few generally accepted ranges can be used to gauge if your audience is influential.How do you find the ROI of an influencer? ›
Calculating the ROI
For example, if you paid the influencer $5000 which brought back an estimated $10 000 in profit (either for sales associated with the influencer or earned media value), then you are looking at the ROI of 200%. The formula is simple – (Revenue/Cost) x 100.
"It's somewhat of an unspoken rule that influencers can expect to be paid $10.00 for every 1,000 followers they have, once they hit the 100,000 threshold." "It's somewhat of an unspoken rule that influencers can expect to be paid $10.00 for every 1,000 followers they have, once they hit the 100,000 threshold."Do influencers get rich? ›
Influencers can make big money!
The influencer career has become increasingly popular over the past few years, and it's easy to see why. Influencers can make a lot of money through strategies such as sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, and even coming out with their own product lines.
- California – 207,290.
- New York – 104,829.
- Florida – 94,396.
- Texas – 51,304.
- Georgia – 36,289.
- Illinois – 18,571.
- Pennsylvania – 17,293.
- Nevada – 16,790.